Coleman's Restaurant

Known Name(s)

Coleman's Restaurant


2239 Ford Parkway St. Paul, MN

Establishment Type(s)


Physical Status


Detailed History

It was owned by Alan G. Coleman who requested the transfer of a liquor license to this address in 1954. The restaurant burned in October 1962. Samuel Mogol was one of the owners at the time of the fire. The original building was 90 feet by 100 feet. Then 1963 interior drawings were done by Liebenberg and Kaplan (they are available at the U of M at The restaurant reopened after the fire as there are several want ads and restaurant ads in newspapers. Based on aerial photographs, it was located east of the former Baker's Square restaurant, which was built in 1972. Coleman's was later razed and became a parking lot.

Related Issues