Jerimac Motel

Known Name(s)

Jerimac Motel (Primary)
Commack Inn (Secondary)


2231 Jericho Tpke. Commack, NY 11725 (Primary) (1963, 1964, 1966)
2231 Jericho Turnpike Commack, NY 11725 (Secondary)

Establishment Type(s)


Physical Status



The Jerimac Motel is located at 2231 Jericho Turnpike, Commack, Suffolk County, NY. All four buildings are one story, built on cement slabs foundations, and have brick walls and asphalt shingled roofs. The main building, the closest to the turnpike, houses the lobby and offices. The building's gable end has a drive-through entrance, the roof of which is supported by brick pillars. Glass sliding doors lead into the lobby. The street face has a projecting metal window for drive-up transactions. The other openings are large sliding windows. The east end of the roof has a raised section sporting the name Commack Motor Inn, which faces the turnpike. The other three buildings sit back away for the lobby building and contain most of the motel rooms. There is parking between and around them. The building on the east corner has a gable roof while the L shaped building and the west building have low-pitched, almost flat, roofs. There are very low-pitched front facing gables over each pair of rooms on the west side of the west building. The doors are paired and recessed to protect them from the weather. The rooms have small windows near the roof line.

Detailed History

Andrew Esca, William Scudero, and Sam Scudero received a Certificate of Partnership to operate the Jerimac Motel in 1957. They advertised it as a "Home away from home" in 1959. The motel got approval to erect a 10-unit addition in 1960. Andrew Esca reported to the police a 12-inch television was stolen from a unit in 1965. The site became the Commack Motor Inn in 1973, and as of 2023 it is going to become just Commack Inn.

Related Issues