Sugar's Restaurant

Known Name(s)

Sugar's Restaurant


201 East 4th Street St. Paul, MN

Establishment Type(s)


Physical Status


Detailed History

This building was constructed in 1878. It was owned by Albert Sabes who died in 1961. It was also known as Sugar's bar and cafe as of 1953 and Sugar's Bar and Restaurant in 1959. Al Sabowitz was the manager in 1959. A 1964 ad for Sugar's Bar confirmed it was still open at the time.

Related Issues