Testimony of William Holly
August 30, 1887

William Holly gave testimony about his service and war-related health issues in order to secure a pension.

Page 1
Page 2

State of Indiana    }                                                                         On this the 30 of Aug 1887

County of Spencer} S.S. personaly came before me Clerk of the Spancer circuit court, in and for the above county and State. William Holly aged 58 years a resident of Spencer County and State of Indian[a] who being duly sworn I declares theat he is the identical William Holly who enlisted in the Service of the united State, as a privat[e] in Co. C. 8. Penn vols. on the 26 day of January 1865 and was honorably discharged on the 10” day of November 1865, that while in Said Service an[d] in the lime of his duty at Ringo city Texas in Jun[e] 1865 he contracted Scurvy from wich deases he has continued to Suffer up to the present time that he makes this application to procure a pension for the above named deases that his occupation is that of a farmer that h[e] has not been employed in the Millitary or naval Service of the United State Since his dishcharg[e] as above Stated that he was never treated in Hospital for his allidged but was treated in his quarters by the Surgeon of his Regments that he here by appoints G. R. Kellams of Gentryville Spencer County Ind. his atty to prosecute this claim, that his Post office is Granview Spencer County Indiana

William his x mark Holly

x Jno H Walker                                                                                  

James. D. Fagan

Also personaly appeared before me at the time and place above named John H Walker aged 34 years and James D. Fagan aged 43 years whom I certify to be respectable and entitled to credit whose P. O. adresse is Rockport Spencer County Ind. who being duly sworn say they were present and saw William Holly make his mark to the foregoing declarition and from the appearance of the applicant and their acquaintance with him they have evry reason to believe that he is the identical person that he represent himseff to be that they have no interest in this claim.

John H. Walker

James. D. Fagan

Sworn to and Subscribed before me and I certify that I have no interest in the prosecution of this claim and that the foregoing affidivit was read to affiant before Signing

O F Howard Clerk
Spencer Cir Court

SOURCES

Pension Records for William Holly, RG15, National Archives and Records Administration, Washington D.C.