Last Will and Testament of Frank Lee
November 8, 1905

The last will and testament of Frank Lee, veteran of the 5th Massachusetts Colored Cavalry.

I, Frank Lee, of the City of Cleveland, County of Cuyahoga and State of Ohio, being about ____ years of age, and being of sound and disposing mind and memory, Do Make, Publish and Declare this my Last Wills and Testaments by me made heretofore:

First:- My Will is, that all my just Debts and Funeral Expenses shall be paid out my Estate, as soon after my decease as shall be found convenient.

Second:-- All my right, title and interest in and to the property formerly owned by Sarah Hunt, situated on Taylor Street, in Cleveland, Ohio, now held by Charles Bundy, as trustee, and my interest therein growing out of the performance of certain obligations mentioned in the trust deed from said Sarah Hunt to said Charles Bundy, Trustee, - I give and devise to Alexander H. Martin, Esq., herein-after nominated as Executor of this Will, to have and to hold the same in trust of The Cleveland Home for the Aged Colored People Association, of Cleveland; St. John’s A.M.E. Church, of Cleveland, Ohio; Edwin Cowles Lodge No. 17, K. of P., Cleveland, Ohio; and Hermione Court of Calanthe, No. 41, of Cleveland, Ohio, in equal portions, with full power and authority and ample discretion to do all things needful to enforce said right, at any time, and render the profitable. I likewise give and bequeathe to the said Alexander H. Martin, Esq., in the same manner, upon the same trusts and with the same power and discretion, all my right, title and interest in the contract or agreement now subsisting between myself and said Sarah Hunt by virtue of which I have heretofore expended money and preformed services for the benefit of the said Sarah Hunt of the value of xxxx and in the sum of about Sixteen Hundred Dollars and Fifty Nine Cents, ($1600.59) in the aggregate. And it is my will that the said Alexander H. Martin, Esq., in his capacity as trustee for cestui que trustent above set-forth and with the same power and discretion, stand in my place and stead under said contract and perform the same the account. I likewise give and bequeathe to said Alexander H. Martin, Esq., all my right title and interest in and to the claim for Sixteen Hundred Dollars and Fifty Nine Cents (1600.59), against Sarah Hunt and her estate, to have to hold the same on the same trusts, with the same power and discretion conferred upon him with respect to my right in said Sarah Hunt property, in a former part of this item second of this Will.

Third:-- The property owned by me situated in Newburg, Cuyahoga County, Ohio, an now under contract of sale to the Johnson brothers I give, devise and bequeathe to the said Alexander H. Martin, Esq., in his capacity as trustee, upon the same trustee and with the same power and discretion declared and conferred in items second this Will.

Fourth:-- I own lots Nos. 3, 4. And 5, of Block 21 in the town of Covington, Alleghany County, Virginia, and I hereby give and devise Lot No. 3 aforesaid to Mr. Hooker Page, said lot No. x4, I devise to John Edwards, Esq., and said above mentioned devisees pays or cause to be paid to me or to my executor within a reasonable time, the sum of Twenty Five Dollars ($25.00). Upon the failure of xxxxxxxxx any one or all of said devisees to make said payment of said sum, the property herein devised to him I hereby devise tot ehe said Alexander H. Martin, Esq., as trustee, as a trust res for disposition according to declared in item second of the Will.

Fifth:-- I give and bequeathe to Rev. Charles Bundy One Hundred Dollars, ($100.00) to be paid by my executor out of my estate as a debt.

Sixth:-- I give and bequeathe to Mrs. Elizabeth Thompson, my faithful nurse, all my household furniture and furnishings and the sum of Two Hundred Dollars ($200.00) to be paid as a preferred claim against my estate for service in my last illness.

Seventh:-- I give and bequeathe to Emma Harding, the faithful nurse and attendant of my beloved wife, now deceased, the sum of One Hundred Dollars ($100.00)

Eight:-- I hereby nominate and appoint Alexander H. Martin, Esq., of Cleveland, Ohio, as the executor of this my Will and request that he be permitted to serve without bond, and I further request that an appraisal of my household property or furniture and personal effects and of my entire estate, as far as it may be consonant with law and practice,- may be dispensed with.

IN TESTIMONY WHEREOF, I have set my hand to this my Last Will and Testament, at Cleveland, this 18th, day of November, in the year of our Lord One Thousand Nine Hundred and Five.

Frank Lee

The fore-going Instrument was signed by the said Frank Lee in our presence, and by his Published and Declared as and for his request, and in his presence, and in the presence of each other, we hereunto subscribe our Names as Attesting Witness, at Cleveland, Ohio this 18th day of November, A.D. 1905.

John M Rudisson resides at 20 Webster St.
J. R. Lyle resides at 70 Webster

SOURCES

Frank Lee, Ohio, Cuyahoga County, Probate Estate Files, accessed from Ancestry.com.