E. F. Thomas

Known Name(s)

E. F. Thomas


123 Union St. Watertown, NY

Establishment Type(s)

Tourist Home

Physical Status



A one-and-a-half story wood frame house according to the 1909 Sanborn map. The structure was attached to a large stable to the rear. The 1958 Sanborn map shows the house had been replaced by a sorting facility for an adjacent laundry and dry cleaning plant. 

Detailed History

In 1928, newspaper articles indicate Mrs. Ruth Thomas lived at 123 Union St. Her husband was Edward Thomas according to the census. Ruth Thomas was an active member of the Thomas Memorial AME Zion Church, named after Frank Thomas, who may have been a relative. Ruth Thomas hosted gatherings for the church at her home and other locations. In 1928, she was the President of the Church Aid Society to the AME Church.

Related Issues