Google Maps street view of Jimmy's

See larger version

Google Maps street side view of Jimmy's

See larger version

Google Maps aerial view of Jimmy's

See larger version

Phonebook Listing for Jimmy's (spelled "Jimmie's") found in telephone directories, 1955-1956, 1960-1961, and 1963-1964

See larger version

Known Name(s)



Albany & Brewster (243 Albany Avenue) Amityville, NY 11701

Establishment Type(s)

Barber Shop

Physical Status



The one-storey concrete block building is clad with stucco on the north and south elevations, while the front facade is clad in common bond red brick with soldiers courses along the top and bottom. The building faces west/southwest at an angle to the street to emphasize its access from the street. A former center entrance in what may have been a 5-bay building has been bricked over with a different color brick from the main facade. Brick quoin forms extend into the south and north elevations. There is a one-storey rear addition on the east elevation and the main entrance is covered by an aluminum awning. Both sections have flat roofs, and the west facade is surmounted by a false parapet above the roof.

Detailed History

Operated as a barber shop, however, as of 2023 no information about ownership could be found from the census or advertisements. Address at 243 Albany Avenue is included in Amityville City Phone Books in 1955, 1960 and 1963.

Related Issues